Friday, July 31, 2015

Copper Floor Lamp Redo with Spray Paint

Mom and I bought this floor lamp 20+ years ago and a yard sale. I've always found a little place for the lamp wherever I've lived, it's functional but not very exciting. 

I wanted to keep it metallic and settled on a pretty copper.

To start, I cleaned the lamp up and then gave it a light sanding. There was no turning back now, since the sanding scratched up the surface.

The base of the lamp is black and was a bit beat up, so I gave it a fresh coat of black spray paint too. Then I used a can of Krylon Copper Brilliance spray paint. I had to shop around a bit to find this new color, but thankfully Amazon has it!

The lamp turned out great, and the new color looks much better with my color scheme than the old chrome did. It really gave the old lamp a new life! I also took a plain basket and did a "dipped" paint effect on it with the copper spray paint. 


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00448FUB8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00448FUB8&linkCode=as2&tag=allensauerconsul&linkId=HJIO7PVRPUMZ5N26


Tape all the electric sources

Supply List:

2 comments:

  1. Love your choise of color, I have a similar one but for a table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog resolved all my queries I had in my mind. Really helpful and supportive subject matter written in all the points. Hard to find such kind of blogs as descriptive and accountable to your doubts.สเปรย์ฉีดรองเท้ากันน้ำ

    ReplyDelete